Lent is about the gospel. It is a time to narrow the focus of the Church to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, to turn from our sin and trust in His atoning work.
Reality provides a resource to guide our community through the Lenten season. Resource includes weekly bible readings, fasting guidelines, and reflections on Christ's death & resurrection.
For 2017, in addition to more traditional fasting from particular physical & social elements (food, social media, chocolate, etc), we will again encourage fasting from indifference towards particular people groups within our city.
Each week we'll choose a particular group to identify with, pray for and fast from indifference towards.
- Week 1 // missing & murdered aboriginal women and girls
- Week 2 // the urban poor, un(der)employed, homeless, disadvantaged
- Week 3 // Sex trade workers and Human Trafficking
- Week 4 // White Collar professionals, Academics, and 'the 1%'
- Week 5 // Refugees and Immigrants
- Week 6 // Those suffering from Mental Illness and Chronic Addictions
- Week 7 // ______________ name your indifference, repent & engage in prayer
Our prayer is that many of you will participate in this season of Lent and that God meets and speaks to us in significant ways.
Lent runs from Ash Wednesday—this year falling on March 1 —through Easter / Resurrection Sunday—this year falling on April 16.
DOWNLOAD the 2017 Lent Resource Guide or pick up a hard-copy at the Connect Corner at the Chapel.
More info on our Maundy Thursday & Easter Sunday gatherings.